I was talking to a friend over the telephone when I heard the kettle singing. Calling out to my six-year-old sister, Leela, I told her to turn off the switch.
Suddenly, I heard a loud crash and Leela yelling at the top of her voice. I immediately rushed into the kitchen. I was horrified to see Leela holding the electric cord and sitting in a puddle. The kettle was overturned on the floor. I realized that after turning off the switch, Leela had tried to pull the cord out of the kettle. However, she must have pulled so hard that the kettle fell.
I quickly carried Leela to the sofa. Frantically, I grabbed my father’s hair cream and applied it on Leela’s scalded legs, hoping that it would help to soothe the pain. Just then, our mother came back from the market. When she knew what had happened, she quickly took Leela to the hospital.
Luckily, the doctor said that Leela was not seriously hurt. She would be fine after a few applications of the cream he prescribed.
I felt very sorry for indirectly causing the accident. I apologized to my family and promised to be more responsible in future.”