In my opinion, urban life or rural life has its own advantages and disadvantages.
First, living in the city we may enjoy those benefits.
– Communication and transportation systems are better. There are so many means of communication and transport that we can choose the ones we like best. We can get in touch with a friend or talk to him by phone without having to go out of home.
– Thanks to electricity network and running water, our material lives are more comfortable. Supermarkets, markets and shops are found everywhere and we can buy anything we need providing that we can afford it.
– Urban life provides us with all sorts of entertainments: televisions, radios, movies, theatres, concerts and famous recreation centers.
– Living in town we can improve our knowledge easily by attending any schools, universities or evening classes where experienced teachers and professors are ready to satisfy our thirst for knowledge.
Besides its advantages, urban life also has its disadvantages:
– Our health is in danger: pollution by factories and heavy traffic may cause serious diseases to all of us.
– Evil influence upon the young generation by obscene video films is inevitable.
– Violent deaths happen regularly in such a crowded city with all kinds of vehicles.
On the contrary, rural life seems ideal to all of us, especially to the old.
– We can enjoy fresh, cool air and behold beautiful landscapes in the country.
– How safe and delighted we are when we can sleep a sound sleep at any time of the day without being disturbed by sirens of cars or by deafening noises from manufacturing factories.
– Our social lives in the country are easier: we can eat the food and vegetables we grow, the chickens and goats we raise. The countrymen lead a very simple life and they are quick at mutual help in any case.
Apart from these advantages, living in the country we may meet lots of difficulties too.
– Communication and transportation are obstructed by lack of means of transport or by floods in the rainy season.
– Our knowledge is limited by being short of mass media.
– Our social and physical lives are not as comfortable as those in town because of lack of electricity and medical care.
In a nutshell, our love for town life or country life depends on our outlook and age. As for me, I always prefer rural life to urban life.”